Sydney Tramways – A Cartographic History
The map depicts Sydney’s horse, steam, cable and electric tramways from 1861 until the present.
The map features:
- Geographically accurate depiction of all tram lines in the main Sydney system from 1861 until the opening of the L3 Kingsford extension in April 2020.
- Colour coding showing electric, steam, cable and horse-drawn lines (many of these have occupied the same streets and roads at different times).
- The dates of opening, closing (and reopening where relevant) of each line or section of line.
- Locations of depots, workshops, perway depots, cable engine houses and the tram punt.
- 594mm x 841mm (A1) size for convenient framing on archival quality paper.